The aim of the Bursary Programme for Continued Professional Development is to assist instructors who might otherwise not have the necessary financial resources to keep their career on track.
Limited money is available in an ongoing process to fund or part-fund any of the following activities needed to Renew or Revalidate an existing Flying Instructor Certificate such as:
• FI(A) Assessment of Competence
• Attendance at an FI Seminar
• Financial support towards the required training and testing for the extension of the privileges of a FI Certificate to enable instruction for Night, Aerobatics, EIR, IR, or CPL.
• Financial support for the training and testing for the issue of an IRI certificate.
• Financial support to maintain other ratings essential for the instructor’s current instructing task (e.g. towards revalidation/renewal of an instrument qualification for an instructor currently teaching for the IR/IR(restricted) ratings)
The aim of the Flying Instructors Course Instructor Bursary Programme is to assist instructors who wish to become Flying Instructor Course Instructors and who might otherwise not have the necessary financial resources to complete the preparation course strongly recommended in Standards Document 10 Appendix 2.
Limited money is available in an ongoing process to fund the training course at an approved provider.
• Be currently working or intending to work as a full-time Instructor
• Currently hold the appropriate EASA medical certificate
• Have accumulated a minimum of 500 hours instructing, of which a minimum of 250 hours must be instructing elementary students (PPL/LAPL)
The awards are made by a selection committee appointed by the Company. Candidates will be interviewed. Invitation to interview will be made on the evidence provided within the application form and the requested supporting documentation. For the successful candidates, details of the award, along with the full terms and conditions, will be sent for formal acceptance. The Company will expect training to be carried out in a timely manner and funding will be paid directly to the ATO/Flying School on production of receipted invoice(s).
Applications for all Bursaries should be submitted by email. We do suggest you send the additonal supporting documents required as attachments on separate emails - clearly stating how many emails make up the full submission. Furthermore, it is suggested that following submission, you telephone the office on 020 7404 4032 to enquire as to safe arrival.