Toggle navigation »
The aim of the Continued Professional Development Bursary Programme (CPD) is to assist the successful individual(s), who might otherwise not have the necessary resources, to enhance and continue their career development as Flying Instructors.
Applications will soon be invited for the bursary funds available for 2018. Application should be made on the application form linked to this page and submitted with the appropriate supporting documentation as outlined on the form. There is no deadline for applications. Applications received will be considered and offered by the Instructor Working Group (a working group of the Company's Technical Committee) on a regular basis.
suggested uses for the bursaries are (but are certainly not limited to) the following:
• FI(A) Assessment of Competence
• Attendance at an FI Seminar
• Financial support towards the required training and testing for the extension of the privileges of a FI Certificate to enable instruction for Night, Aerobatics, EIR, IR, CPL or FIC.
• Financial support for the training and testing for the issue of an IRI certificate.
• Financial support to maintain other ratings essential for the instructor’s current instructing task (e.g. towards revalidation/renewal of an instrument qualification for an instructor currently teaching for the IR/IR(restricted) ratings)
or any other identified course of training which will enhance your intructional technique/knowledge
• Already hold an Instructor Certificate (restricted or unrestricted)
• Be currently working or intending to work as a full-time Instructor
• Currently hold the appropriate EASA medical certificate
Application may be submitted by email. We do suggest you send additonal supporting attachments on separate emails - clearly stating how many emails make up the full submission. Furthermore, it is suggested that following submission, you telephone the office on 020 7404 4032 to enquire as to safe arrival.
INCORPORATED BY ROYAL CHARTER
PATRON: HRH THE PRINCE PHILIP, DUKE OF EDINBURGH KG KT
GRAND MASTER: HRH THE PRINCE ANDREW, DUKE OF YORK KG GCVO
THE MASTER: CAPTAIN COLIN A COX FRAeS
CLERK: PAUL J TACON BA FCIS
© 2017 The Honourable Company of Air Pilots