Funding for these Bursaries will be reviewed for the next financial year.
Please check this page from September 2021 onwards
The aim of the Bursary Programme for Continued Professional Development is to assist instructors who might otherwise not have the necessary financial resources to keep their career on track.
Limited money is available in an ongoing process to fund or part-fund any of the following activities needed to Renew or Revalidate an existing Flying Instructor Certificate such as:
• FI(A) Assessment of Competence
• Attendance at an FI Seminar
• Financial support towards the required training and testing for the extension of the privileges of a FI Certificate to enable instruction for Night, Aerobatics, EIR, IR, or CPL.
• Financial support for the training and testing for the issue of an IRI certificate.
• Financial support to maintain other ratings essential for the instructor’s current instructing task (e.g. towards revalidation/renewal of an instrument qualification for an instructor currently teaching for the IR/IR(restricted) ratings)
When available, applications for a Bursary should be submitted by email. We do suggest you send the additonal supporting documents required as attachments on separate emails - clearly stating how many emails make up the full submission. Furthermore, it is suggested that following submission, you telephone the office on 020 7404 4032 to enquire as to safe arrival.