The Air Pilots’ Unmanned Air Systems Technical Group (UAS TG) was formed in October 2020. Its principal objectives and areas of interest are as follows:
- Research and collate any UK, European and more general worldwide UAS news relevant to the aviation community.
- Raise awareness and potential results/effects/consequences of this news and disseminate it to primarily the internal audience of the Honourable Company of Air Pilots, and secondly to a wider external audience, through the Company Magazine, press releases and digital output.
- Assist closer collaboration/dialogue between the academic, defence and private sectors in UAS research.
- Provide relevant UAS careers information to affiliated organizations and related STEM focused youth organizations.
- To promote the needs of aviation throughout the UAS Sector through positive engagement and participation in any consultations.
- Be a champion for UAS safety, regulatory and certification issues
Areas of Interest:
- Technology: 1) Propulsion, 2) Navigation/computation, 3) Design, Manufacture & Airworthiness 4) Types – FW, VTOL, electric, solar, etc.
- Operations: 1) Crew resource management, 2) Training, 3) Medical; 4) Military & Commercial/Civil.
- Airspace/Regulation/Legal: 1) International regulation, EASA Working Groups, national regulation, CAA etc. 2) Segregated & open airspace rules. 3) Categories and exemptions
- Applications outside the UAS sector: Adjacencies into aviation being likely priority interest to members.
- Careers/Outreach: The related incentives for unmanned aviation in encouraging the next generation of pilots/operators, be it in commercial or leisure operations and/or even higher.
UAS TG articles in Air Pilot magazine:
April 2021 – DRONES OVER AUSTRALIA (p29)
More information about the Technical Group is available to Members of the Company by clicking this link
Questions/Queries/Comments? Feel free to get in touch with the UAS TG at firstname.lastname@example.org